Monday, March 29, 2010

Harmony of Purpose

This is a collection of my thoughts on riding and relating to horses. I am setting out to explore my purpose with the horse as a partner, especially in a riding relationship that creates beautiful dance. The quality of the dance has been a focus of my attention for many years and so experiences have been gained and thoughts gathered and continue to gather which are shaping a better understanding of how to achieve not just dance but exceptional dance.

In this place I will honor my students and the challenges of their learning experiences as they strive to understand a new communication that produces ease in the riding and exceptional beauty through a learning mode that is as unusual as it is gratifying. I will introduce new ideas as they come to me and will seek to explain as much as I am able to of what I have discovered thus far.

It is my hope that the reason for riding will change for some, the experience will become enriched for others, and a new path will unfold itself for everyone as this collection of thoughts falls naturally into a harmonious combination of intentions and reveals a new purpose and a new possibility in the ridden relationship with the horse. Developing artistry is at the heart of this quest as it breathes new freedom into the horse and seeks to restore his natural beauty and joy.

Thought begets feel and so I welcome comments from anyone who is interested in contributing along these lines in a positive light and who wishes to join my journey.

1 comment:

  1. Margaret,
    So happy to see that this is up and running. You should definitely consider putting up a Q & A section, as I'm sure others would enjoy hearing all the great advice you give others facing certain situations. Also, if you ever need someone to take pictures of your lessons so you can share them with the readers on this site, I will certainly oblige. I have a pretty nice camera and I'd love to follow you around, ha.

    ReplyDelete